Cough is a natural reaction to the body that cleans the airway from mucus and irritants, such as dust or smoke, and Baby Coughing at Night is often simple and does not require any medical intervention, however, there are some cases for Baby Coughing at Night that may require medical intervention Such as cases of coughing that never lessens its severity, and cases accompanied by wheezing, and parents should give the cough a special importance if it occurs at night, after exercise, or during the allergy season.
Causes Of Baby Coughing At Night
The causes of Baby Coughing at Night are always the same as the causes of coughing in adults, but there are some reasons that are common in babies, more than others, and here comes a mention for some of them:
- Whooping cough: is a respiratory infection of the respiratory system, characterized by a severe cough, followed by a high tone of inhalation, which looks similar to the sound of a rooster.
- Cystic fibrosis: Sometimes a persistent cough in a baby can be a sign of a serious long-term condition, such as cystic fibrosis; a genetic condition that leads to the accumulation of sticky mucus in the lungs and digestive system.
- Bronchiolitis: This occurs when bronchiolitis is infected with the virus, and these airways become inflamed and then swollen, and filled with mucus, which makes breathing difficult, and it affects mostly infants and young children because their nose and airways are small, so they can It is easily blocked, and symptoms that may appear on the affected baby include a stuffy nose, a runny nose, as well as a cough, and high fever.
- Croup: A condition caused by a viral infection, which leads to swelling of the tissues of the throat and trachea, and this swelling makes the airway narrower, so it is difficult for the baby to breathe, get a severe cough and makes a loud, squeaking sound.
Mothers can prepare it for their coughed babies at home to take before bed. Six natural home remedies that help alleviate the symptoms of annoying coughing and get rid of them gradually, which are:
- Carrots and oranges – Boil the carrots and after they have cooked, mix them with an appropriate amount of orange juice, then bring them to your baby with coughing, as orange and carrots are natural foods that contain a group of important vitamins, which makes them an effective treatment for coughing and alleviating them, in addition to strengthening the immune system and raising efficiency Resisting various diseases.
- Aniseed – By placing a bag of anise in an appropriate amount of boiling water, and after it cools down, a tablespoon of honey is added to it, then it is served to the affected baby, and drinking warm anise works to calm the strong cough.
- Lemon and honey – Mix the juice of half a grain of lemon and a teaspoon of honey and give the mixture to the baby. The lemon is one of the natural sources rich in vitamin “C” that helps to strengthen the baby’s immune system and fights viruses, while honey increases the body’s immunity ratio because it contains anti-inflammatory materials.
- Mint – Boil an appropriate amount of water, then add fresh mint leaves to it, and after it cools down a little, add a teaspoon of honey, and serve to the baby.
- Olive oil – A little sugar is mixed with olive oil, and the mixture is served to the coughed baby.
- Nigella Seeds – By grinding it well, then add a tablespoon of honey to it, you can make a mixture of Nigella Seeds and the milk the baby drinks.